Monday, March 21, 2005

Rough night

Jacob is sleeping in his swing. He spent most of the night on my chest. I'm not sure what his problem is, but I'm exhausted. This is one of those days I feel real short on patience. It's gonna take an awful lot of prayer to get through today. Every time I get myself hooked up to the pump or decide to lay down for a nap, he wakes up and starts fussing. How does he know just the wrong time to get upset?
Phil's dad and dad's girlfriend are coming out from Florida tomorrow. I have so much cleaning to get done! We are very excited about this though cause we plan on having Jacob stay with them in the nursery for at least one night. This way we can have a whole night's rest (with the exception of a couple pumping sessions). Can you believe it? A whole night's rest!!! We'll actually get to cuddle! :)
I decided, especially on days like these, to try to count my blessings. I think it's important for me to throw in some optimism into the chaotic mix. When I say "count my blessings", I don't mean starting off with "well, at least I'm not..." I mean, I'm thankful that my son is healthy and beautiful. I'm thankful that I have such a wonderful husband. I'm thankful that we have so many wonderful things happening in our lives. This week is a great week to be thankful. Sunday is Easter, and this week is Passion Week at our church.
Okay, enough for now...I need to pump while my little chunk-butt is sleeping.

1 Comments:

At 3/27/2005 10:43 PM, Blogger simzgirl said...

"Chunk-butt!" I love it! Isn't it funny how you come up with these great nicknames that will torment them when they are older!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home