Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I wouldn't wish this on anyone

Jacob has been an absolute pill. He has a cold and another tooth popped through. I can understand that he is in pain and he is miserable. It doesn't do anything for my level of frustration. He has also gotten very needy as of late. He fusses and screams when we put him in his car seat. It's not because he's in pain or starving or tired. It's because he doesn't want to be in the car seat. Ever since he started crawling, he's hated being confined to one spot. I try singing to him until my throat hurts, but he just won't stop fussing.
The night before last, he spent 2 hours fussing in his crib because he wanted to be held while he slept instead of sleeping in his crib. 2 hours of fussing and my nerves were shot. Phil was at school, so I was all alone trying to remain calm. I finally gave in and brought him downstairs to the lazyboy to sleep on my chest. Then last night, Phil and I took turns (mostly Phil) trying to get him to go to sleep. He screamed so much he lost his voice! The biggest problem is now that he is mobile, he will go straight for the bars on the crib and pull himself up. So not only is he fussing (or screaming), but he's doing so standing up. That child is STUBBORN!
He finally went down at 9:30 and woke at 2:30. I heard him half-heartedly fussing until he discovered his flutterby dreams soother and played for a while. At about 4 am, I heard it still playing and decided to go check on him. He was asleep in a position that, when he moved his head only slightly, would hit the button and play the music. he finally woke at 5 am to eat and went back down until 7. That is the longest he's gone between meals (7.5 hours). By now, most babies his age have been sleeping through the night for months. But not mine...oh nooooo....
This is what happens when we don't go to Mommy & Me group. I go on and on...We didn't go because he was sick, and it's not nice to bring a sick baby around other babies. Although he probably got this cold from one of them. We might miss the BCB group too. I need to at least show up to give some pictures and formula to a couple ladies.
Speaking of pictures, here's the picture of the day. He's gnawing on a binky he found in his toybox. He's just so darn cute. You'd never know he was a virus infested fussy munchkin butt...

5 Comments:

At 9/14/2005 3:06 PM, Blogger Eddo said...

That baby is so cute I had to run over here and leave a comment. Please ship him to Texas immediately - Care of Eddie Renz!!! Cute Baby!

 
At 9/14/2005 3:08 PM, Blogger Eddo said...

Okay, now I just read that post... hang on to that little nubbin until he is sleeping through the night, then send him my way!

 
At 9/14/2005 3:58 PM, Blogger Chelle said...

Oh no way! First of all, if you want him, you have to take him NOW! Snotty nose, fussing, and all...lol...
and Second, my mother-in-law would kill me. If I send him anywhere, it has to be to Florida.
Ahhh...my little snotzilla beckons...

 
At 9/15/2005 9:11 AM, Blogger simzgirl said...

Awww. Teething sucks. But there is no getting around it. Sorry he isn't feeling well on top of it. Just keep lots of Baby Orajel on hand!

 
At 9/15/2005 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you got that right ! Grandma and Poppy will take him, snotty nose and all! He's so cute !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home