Saturday, February 17, 2007

Secret Society of Goldfish

I just love it when someone misunderstands what you said...

"What's he eating?"
"Rainbow Goldfish"
"A member of Goldfish?"

We are tired...very very tired...

(In my best Inigo impression, which let's face it is horrible) Let me explain...no, there's too much, let me sum up...

Jacob will be 2 next week (on the 22nd) and we have a new little bundle of joy; meet Kathleen "Katie" Nicole Cazella.



She was born 12/27/06 at 1:01 pm. 7 lbs 2 oz little snuggler.

There is a lot going on right now with illnesses and stuff so I may have to cut this short. Really, ever since we got out of the hospital it's been one thing after another. I finally was healing up real well from the c-section and got mastitis. Because I had to take antibiotics, I ended up with thrush. Then I got an infection under the skin on my incision...more antibiotics...more thrush. All the while Jacob is battling one virus after another. It started with a cold that quickly turned into vomitting and diarrhea (ah the glories of motherhood) and then back to a cold (he also gave this wonderful bug to Daddy). He had diarrhea for 3 weeks! He stopped eating almost everything and was only consuming a yogurt in the morning and would refuse to eat the rest of the day. Now he's got another cold which he was generous enough to share with the rest of us including his baby sister.
Katie has reflux. Two weeks after we got home, she started showing symptoms; arching her back, spitting up a lot, crying in pain, and most recently poor weight gain. We have been into the doctor's office every other day for the past 2 weeks. She's on Prevacid, but she stopped gaining weight. Thankfully she gained 4 oz in 2 days as of Friday, but she hasn't pooped in 2 days either. The doctor is having me pump and add cereal to the breast milk to feed to Katie. So either the cereal or the medicine, or both, could be causing her lack of bowel movements.
While we were at the hospital one of our cats, Sneakers escaped. He hid under the deck for 3 days until I got home and coaxed him back into the house. Unfortunately we think he may have contracted something while he was out. He got very sick, couldn't walk, eat, or drink. After all the tests, they still didn't know what was wrong and we didn't have a choice but to have him put to sleep. Sneakers passed on Tuesday. We will miss him...
So, I am tired of the house being sick. It seems like if it isn't one thing it's another. Do you know what happened to me last night? I stood up to give Katie her binky and to go pee when I realized that the front of me was all wet. I looked down to find bright red blood on my pants. I went to the bathroom thinking I had started my period, but it was actually a small hole just above my incision (where I had the infection) that was leaking blood. It didn't want to stop! All I can think is "what the heck is going on?" Thankfully it stopped, but I can't take much more of this. When will my house be well? With everything going on, I feel like I could cry but I won't because I need to be strong and keep it together. The kids would not understand it if mommy fell apart. But really it's getting rediculous, don't you think?
Sorry to complain, but I just need to vent. Believe me, I want more than anything when someone asks me how things are going to say "Absolutely wonderful!" and mean it (not just be sarcastic).
On the bright side, I have started another mom's group at my church. I decided that it is very important to get out and do things. I need to keep Jacob social and active, especially now that he has a little sister taking up much of mommy's time. I feel so bad for him.
He is growing up so fast! He has been deciding lately that maybe it's good to talk and has started repeating things when we ask him to. There are certain things he still refuses to say, like cat or kitty, and still insists on saying "baHhhh". I will have to record this so that you can hear it. He is adorable, for the most part. Most of the struggles are about communication and jealousy. He will get over it.
Okay, I'd better get going for now. I will keep this blog updated at least once a week from now on.
Take care my friends!

2 Comments:

At 2/20/2007 12:47 PM, Blogger simzgirl said...

Yeah! You are back! Sorry things are so hard right now, but as Phil says "this too shall pass." Let me know if you need anything, sweetie!

 
At 5/17/2007 1:28 PM, Blogger simzgirl said...

Tag! You are it. Come see my site for more details...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home