Monday, October 31, 2005

Milestones

Last night we hit a couple milestones...and it's only a sign of things to come.
While I was busy looking up something on my laptop, Phil was entertaining Jacob. They weren't but 3 feet away from me and I missed it! Jacob took 2 steps towards his daddy. That's 2 steps unassisted...as in walking!!! Now, we won't claim that he walks yet, but it's only a matter of time, and a short time at that. What happened to my baby that was immobile? He's growing up way too fast...
Milestone number two is probably just a fluke, but there is a first time for everything. So last night, after fighting Jacob for an hour, we finally got him to sleep at 9. He slept until 3:30 am! He only got up that once all night. He didn't get up again until 7. Granted, last night was preceded by 3 nights of waking up every 1/2 hour. But still...this is pretty big. Now if only I could figure this one thing out. Why is it that I wake up 15 minutes before he does no matter what time it is or how long it's been since I fed him last? Last night I woke up at 3:15. Why? I don't know, but I was wide awake. I think I could blame it on PMS (Psychic Milk Syndrome). Hey...if I could name a phenomenon, that would be it.
Well, we are about to take Jacob out trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. We want all our friends to see Darth Jacob in person. Honestly, he is too cute!

What was I doing?

2 Comments:

At 11/01/2005 10:17 AM, Blogger steve said...

actually that is they "Hey Dad I just filled my pants" look...


how soon till he can hold a guitar?

 
At 11/03/2005 4:58 PM, Blogger simzgirl said...

Yeah for walking! Double yeah for sleeping for longer than 30 minutes at a time!! Go, Jacob, go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home