Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Twinkle, twinkle, a-b-c

I can't believe how much happens in just a short week. First, the locks & squeaky cheese weekend: We went to Cascade Locks for one last test run of the RV before the big trip. Phil wanted to test out a KOA vs. other RV lots. We also wanted to see how the cats would do travelling. Well, they howled and hissed at each other. Casper peed in the "bedroom" and Sneakers hid under the pull-out couch. The campgrounds were right next to the railroad tracks. So every hour, it would sound like a train was going through our RV. What a miserable night! So we decided to head to Tillamook instead. At one point, Sneakers came out of hiding and Phil thought that maybe I should pick him up and let him look out the window. That scared the pee out of him, literally. I was covered in stanky cat pee! We had to come back home, bath the boys, shower, change, and scrub out the RV. We went to the Tillamook Cheese Factory and had the most yummy ice cream! We also tried a couple cheeses, including cheese curd which is very squeaky when you chew it. I think RV travel will suit us just fine...
Jacob turned 3 months old on Sunday. We went to Sears on Monday to do pictures.


This is my favorite! But you can judge for yourself.

We leave for the Cazella National Tour 'O5 on Saturday. Yes, that's a link to the blog that we will post to as we make our way around the United States. There is so much to get done before then! I think I need to hire help!

And finally, I leave you with my latest discovery (and it only took me 34 years)...Last night, while trying to lull Jacob to sleep, I sang along with his Flutterbye Dreams Soother. I was singing the A-B-C song and Phil said, "Isn't that Twinkle, Twinkle?" How is it that after 34 years, I never noticed that it was the same tune?

1 Comments:

At 5/25/2005 8:24 AM, Blogger simzgirl said...

Wow. I never realized that either! I doubt we are the only ones either!

I love love LOVE the pictures of Jacob. I agree with you on which is the best. But oh how I love the feet picture. Too cute.

I can't wait to follow along with the Caz Tour! How exciting. I can live through you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home