Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A long absence

Forgive me readers (Phil & Carrie - I'm pretty sure you are the only ones that read this), for I have been absent...It's been 83 days since my last post (on this one anyway)...

So much has happened, and Jacob has grown. In 6 short days, he will be 6 months old! He is small for his age, but getting so big. At last check, he weighed in at 14 lbs 12 oz. I want him to hit the 15 lb mark for his 6 month well-baby visit. I temporarily suspended his solid food intake because he was spitting up too much. He is also teething pretty hardcore right now and has been in a lot of pain at night. No sleep for the parents! I am so exhausted...

So, I should recap the past 83 days...Well, we left for our National Tour (yes, I still need to update it) on May 28th and got back home July 6th, so that is 40 of the days right there! So, in then we spent the next 2 weeks decompressing from our trip and trying to move back into our house. It's amazing how much stuff fits in an RV! What can I say about the rest of the time? I've had my hands full with a baby, and I have been trying to keep busy. I decided to get out of the house more. It's unhealthy for me to dwell in my cave for too long. I need out, into the sunshine, where the people are... I have been trying to get out every day. It's becoming increasingly more difficult to do without spending money.

Speaking of spending money (just kidding honey), Jacob got his pictures done at Sears and I need to share his 4, 5, and now 6 month photos:

He's a little ham at 4 months old! But an adorable one...

Here he is at 5 months old. He was just beginning to sit for short periods (30 seconds) unaided.


And this was the day before yesterday. He sits up for as long as he wants. Oh my little man is growing so fast!

And because it was the 1/2 year mark for all the Birth Class Buddy babys (our mom's group) we took pictures of all the babies together.


And who could resist naked babies??? This one I like to call "The Boys of Summer" (it's the boys in the group)

And here is something Jacob just has to share...


Powered by Castpost

And while I'm at it. Listen to this. It is from one of Jacob's toys. When Phil first heard it he was in shock. Now of course, it's not saying anything bad, but it sure sounds like it...



Powered by Castpost

I am watching my little man sleep right now. I should be taking a nap too, but there is so much to do. (Like finish this post!) He keeps popping his head up and looking to make sure I am still next to him. He smiles in his sleep. He is looking more like his daddy every day. Yes, this is a baby picture of Phil.



And one last thing before I have to take off to the Mommy & Me group...the stupid product of the day (or is it?): http://www.scrollingbuckle.com/ I know...It's so very off topic...

Take care and I'll post again as soon as I can. It took me 3 days to finish this one and I barely touched on everything.

3 Comments:

At 8/16/2005 11:11 AM, Blogger ACK said...

Your Son Jacob is a Cutie. He is really cute.

 
At 8/16/2005 4:57 PM, Blogger simzgirl said...

Ohhh! I love the pictures. So cute. Especially all the nekkid ones! Hee hee hee!

Oh and welcome back to the blogging world. We sure missed ya!

 
At 8/16/2005 9:53 PM, Blogger steve said...

What did that toy just say????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home