Saturday, August 20, 2005

Little man standing

I never thought learning lullabies would be so important. We have a 3 song repertoire that consists of Twinkle Twinkle, You Are My Sunshine, and I Believe I Can Cry (an adaptation of 'I Believe I Can Fly by R. Kelly).

I have had to add a verse to Twinkle Twinkle:

Hush now, Hush now baby J
Everything will be okay
Close your eyes and rest your head
It is time to go to bed
Hush now, Hush now baby J
Everything will be okay

The other verses to You Are My Sunshine are pretty depressing:

The other nite, dear
As I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms
When I awoke, dear
I was mistaken
And I hung my head and cried

You told me once, dear
You really loved me
And no one else could come between
But now you've left me
And love another
You have shattered all my dreams

Yeah...I won't be singing that to him...

And then there is his favorite, I Believe I Can Cry. This one usually puts him in a good mood:

I believe I can cry
See the tear drops in my eyes
I'm gonna do it every night and day
Set me down, I'll cry away
I believe I can scream
Because my mommy is so very mean
I believe I can cry
I believe I can cry
I believe I can cry
Whaaaa!
Cause I believe I'm blue-ooooooooo-ooooo

I need more songs. I did pick up on a new one recently, Swing on a Star. I like it cause it's longer, and it's not too depressing.

Last night went pretty well. Jacob only woke up twice, at 2:15 and 6:15. It must be me. I woke up about 5 minutes before he did both times, and they aren't even his normal wake up times.
So the avocado is working (I hope)


Here is the picture of the day. Look at the little man standing! Yes, I'm next to him just in case.

1 Comments:

At 8/22/2005 12:21 PM, Blogger simzgirl said...

I love how they curl their toes to hold on to as much as possible when they first start standing. Too cute!!

Oh and I love your made up songs. I look forward to hearing more of them in the future!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home